Gary M. Singer is Board Certified as an Expert in Real Estate Law by the Florida Bar. Mr. Singer is a member of the Florida Bar, a member of the Broward Attorneys Real Estate Council, an elected Director of the Broward County Bar Association, a Council Member for the Gerson Lehrman Group, and is an Adjunct Professor at Nova Southeastern University. He currently serves as Co-Chair for the Broward County Bar Association Real Property Section and was awarded as Chair of the Year for 2010-2011. You can find Gary every week in his nationally syndicated column“Ask a Real Estate Pro” in the Sun Sentinel, and other papers throughout the Country. In addition, Gary M. Singer was named Super Lawyers Rising Star in both 2011 & 2012, a honor given to no more than 2.5% of attorneys in the State and named “Florida Legal Elite” by Florida Trend Magazine for 2012. He is a Member Agent of Attorneys’ Title Fund Services (Old Republic), and has closed thousands of real estate transactions as their agent. He was born in the Bronx and was raised in eastern Long Island, New York. Gary M. Singer moved to Florida in 1989 with the U.S. Coast Guard as a Petty Officer and Boatswain with the Coast Guard’s prestigious Tactical Law Enforcement Team. After serving his country, he earned a Bachelors of Science degree, with honors, from Nova Southeastern University after transferring from SUNY at Stony Brook, and a Juris Doctorate degree, cum laude, from the Shepard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University. Gary M. Singer was the recipient of a full academic scholarship to attend law school, where, along with his many activities, he was served as an Editor of the ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law and a Justice of the Honor Court. After graduating from law school and being admitted to the Florida Bar, Gary M. Singer began practicing in real estate, estate planning and business law with the Law Firm of Josh N. Bennett in Fort Lauderdale. In 2005, after growing his legal skills under the tutelage of his mentor, he opened the Law Firm of Gary M. Singer, P.A., in Sunrise, Florida, where he has been diligently serving the needs of his clients ever since. He is admitted to practice law in all State and Federal Courts in Florida, as well as the Bankruptcy Court, where he maintains an active litigation and transactional practice.
Gary is the owner of Gibraltar Title, a full-service title insurance agency. You can find Gary every week in his nationally syndicated column in the Sun Sentinel and listen to him co-host Legal News in Review on WSBR 96.9FM from 3:30 to 4:00 pm every weekday.
In his off time, Gary enjoys writing, playing golf, but most of all spending time with his lovely wife and two wonderful children at home.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Title Insurance/Closings
- Short Sales
– Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center
- J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Goodwin Scholar
- Justice of the Honor Court
- Law Review – Editor of ILSA Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Editor of the student newspaper, Broadly Speaking
– Nova Southeastern University
- B.S., 1998
- Dual Major: Political Science and Legal Studies
Highlights on Gary M. Singer, Esq.
Licensed Since: 2002
- Gary’s weekly articles are Syndicated Nationally by the McClatchy-Tribune Wire Service]
- Secretary/Communications Chair – Broward AREC
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2011 & 2012
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2013 – 2017
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite 2012 & 2013
- Board of Directors, Broward County Bar Association
- 2012-2014 Real Property Section Chair, Broward County Bar Association (Chair of the Year 2011) 2010-2013
Certificates and Credentials
Admitted: 2002, Florida
Honors and Awards:
- Awarded the Florida Bar’s Award of Excellence for the promotion of the Board Certification program., Award of Excellence, The Florida Bar, 2016
- Lifetime appointment as Civil-Law Notary.
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Real Estate Law.
- Chair of the Real Estate Section of the Broward County Bar Association (Chair of the Year Award recipient for 2010-11). 2010-2017, 2017
- Chair of the County UPL Committee., 2016
Pro bono/Community Service:
- Appointed to the Florida Bar UPL Committee for Broward County.
Other Outstanding Achievements:
- Nationally Syndicated Columnist appearing every Monday in the Sun Sentinel Newspaper and other papers throughout the Nation.
(Visited 253 times, 1 visits today)